If you enjoy what you read here you will also enjoy my novel
21 days in May
Please be aware this blog may be considered Illegal almost anywhere!

The Fuss about Fitna

Yeah Yeah I know, I've been a bit lax, I only watched this film yesterday.
It is supposed to be frightfully offensive, so I had not bothered to have a look, but I stumbleupon, and I stumbled upon it yesterday, so I watched.
You can choose to view or not, I am not promoting the movie, just trying to provide the background to my feelings after viewing it.

FITNA the Movie: Geert Wilders' film about the Quran (English)


http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4vj81_fitna-english_news

I don't know if the translations of the passages displayed in the film are correct, I have only English.
I don't know Geert Wilders, I've never met him, I don't know his actual personal opinions.
I don't know if he is actually a racist, I don't know if he's even sane!
I don't know anything other than other peoples opinions I've read of him, so I have no basis on which to form a personal opinion.
But as said, I just watched his film.

Yes it portrays the worst aspects of Islam;
the mad rantings of power crazed religious generals
the inhumane destruction of human life at their order,
the subjugation of women
and the abuse of children.

I am not saying that these types of atrocities are exclusive to Islam, the insanity of spiritual elitism rears it's beastly head in most religions. Most have perpetrated slaughtering crusades, been cruel to their 'ill-fitting' indigenous population and carried out countless abuses.
But surely the only Muslims to whom Fitna can be offensive, are the ones who believe that the images, clips and quotes, are lies; in short that Islam has been falsely represented.

I don't know if that is true,
I've never read the Quran.
What I do know is
Without the Quran
(and the overzealous purveyors of it's intolerant passages)
Fitna would have looked a lot like this


http://youtu.be/4H-1I4i2xdk

Is the Muslim reaction to Fitna just a case of shooting the messenger?
As the film only uses images and footage featuring those faithful to Islam, has Wilders just held up a mirror?
And if so, are Muslims cross because they have been embarrassed by the truth, or because they think it was a lie?

Catholics seem to be of one (if quite quiet) voice, that the abusive priests should be 'dealt with' and, to my knowledge, not one word has been said against those who broke that story. Why are Muslims not similarly enraged?

Why is all the Muslim noise against the film maker and almost nothing against the bloodthirsty hate-filled preachers inflaming the fear and anger of the faithfully chanting lynch mobs who are horrifyingly abundant feature of the film?

For me it seems clear, unless they are under an oppressive regime, sane people do not rant and rave against an expose of the horrors and atrocities which are tolerated, promoted or prosecuted by a powerful organisation.
Sane people do not choose to sweep injustice and bigotry under a magic carpet.
And as most Muslims I know seem relatively sane, we must assume that it is the powerful organisation's attempt to deflect attention from the view of reality the film projects?


http://youtu.be/GanFV4b1wvk


This is one of the Too many questions

PEACE     
Crispy
Please leave a comment - Anything will do
The best communications are often,
THREE WORDS OR LESS
OR ONE OR MORE FINGERS!

Share

If you enjoy what you read here
you will also enjoy my novel
21 days in May


Please be aware this blog may be considered Illegal almost anywhere!

Get TMQ on your Kindle

Copyright Crispy Sea

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

All blog posts copyright http://atheist.diatribes.co.uk

TMQCrispySea 2009-2014